Monday, November 13, 2017

[Album Review] Wanna One – 1-1=0 (NOTHING WITHOUT YOU)



Wanna One, the hottest K-pop rookie boy group of 2017, is back with an amazing, “Beautiful” song. Formed through the second season of the Korean television show Produce 101 by Mnet, Wanna One returned on Monday (Nov. 13) with 1-1=0 (Nothing Without You), an extended version of their debut EP 1x1=1 (To Be One), which peaked at No. 3 on the World Album chart upon its release in August.  So impressive, right? I really really love how creative Wanna One's album title is. The combination of number 1 (one) with the equation is really unique. 






Their repackage album 1-1=0 (Nothing Without You) has ten tracks, and two of them (“Burn It Up” and “Energetic”) are prequel remix. But in this entry, I just review the four new songs. Anyway, you can easily find Nothing Without You album in my favorite music platform, Spotify.

Here are tracks of Nothing Without You album:



1. Nothing Without You (Intro.)

As the first track of the album plays, there’s a ballad vibe. Composed by Tenzo and Woziq, this ballad intro shows much different with their previous album (1x1=1 'To Be One'). The combination of hip-hop, trap, future also ballad can be found. And this intro success to give some chills when the next song played. Rating: 7/10


2. Beautiful

The title and main song of this comeback. "Beautiful" starts out absolutely strong and mellow beginning sentence part of Daniel Kang "a stupid little song can reach the heaven, I stay up all night, praying that I'll reach your heart". And the vocals on the pre-chorus are slow and gradually high. Show up their sadness because missing the one they loved. Really, no doubt, "Beautiful" is a beautiful song. It's great to be your lullaby, tho. My favorite part was their shout out "I miss you so much" and Daniel Kang's whispering part at the beginning and end. Rating: 10/10

3. 갖고 싶어 ( I Wanna Have)

"I Wanna Have" is a light song. It's very tenderly sung, and despite an overdose of falsetto, the instrumentation is pretty spare. Recommended listening to this in a good day, because will cherish you up even this song describes a desperate feel to the lovely girl. Kinda reminds me to White Sugar of Monsta X. Really good~ Rating: 8/10

4. Twilight

A tender song that instrumented with techno style. It doesn't really suit to a melow girl like me, hahaha. Twilight is the opposite of Beautiful. I don't say that twilight isn't beautiful, but it just hard to listen. I'm a weirdo, right? My favorite part of Twilight is Kang Daniel's "I'm missing you." I don't know why I think that his voice is so classy. Rating: 7/10


Okay as I say in the beginning of the entry, I just reviewed four. My favorite song of course, Beautiful. Recently I found my friend falling in love with this song too. It's hard to say that the contract the group will be ended at 2018. Still waiting for you guys with another daebak song. Byeee~

The perks of being rater~



Rating: 5/10 [Immediately deleted from device]
Rating: 6/10 [Not my cup of tea]
Rating: 7/10 [Good vibes but nothing special]
Rating: 8/10 [Will listen to this twice, or more]
Rating: 9/10 [Already favorite]
Rating: 10/10 [Masterpiece! Will be repeated thousand times]


Similar Post: 

No comments:

Post a Comment